Saturday 3 July 2010

An Amazing Day

Hello, well yesterday turned out to be a totally special day .
It did not involve the family.
It did not involve any craft activity.Nor any shopping or travel,but it will stay in my memory for many years.
I wasn't planning to blog about this as there are many areas of our daily lives we never mention here.But it turned out to be such a great day I just had to give it a mention.
Back in January one of our bosses at work announced his plan to stage a concert to raise money for a teenage cancer unit at our local hospital.
This received a mixed response!! However it was such a good cause we couldn't really say no.

Many rehearsals later we had a pretty decent version of this....
( if you're not familiar with this song ,keep watching....it gets better)......





....to add to the line-up of dance routines,comedy ,singing etc.

Well I'm glad to say all went well.I'm not a natural performer but it was not too daunting to be in a big group.The lighting meant you couldn't even see the 600+ audience.

Here's me in my habit,trying not to look nervous.....



I don't think I will be getting up on the stage again any time soon ,but sharing all our nerves made it an an amazing team building event.And a great buzz when it was over.Not to mention the £6,000 raised for such a good cause.
Jacquie x

5 comments:

  1. Well done!! That is a really good amount to raise. You are braver than me!
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fab amount, well done! I bet after the nerves left you all had a wonderful time.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! You look rather fetching in that habit! Lots of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. sister bunny you look great
    well done for a good cause
    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is truly fabulous. You look fab too! You can all be so proud of yourselves for raising that much money. Really missed your blog over the last few weeks, hopefully you will see much more of me now :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.