Thursday 1 July 2010

Crochet Cushion

Hello,
Hope you are enjoying the fabulous long,sunny days we have at the moment.
Here are some pictures taken on Monday evening ,whilst at the park.
It was about 7 o'clock and still blissfully warm.........


The boys enjoyed a kick around in the clover ,and I did a little hooking............


Then the goalie decided to play around with my camera and snap a few close ups of flowers.........



I'm loving the wonky ones with his brothers blurry legs in the background.

Fast forward to today and while the boys are at school I've been trying to finish my cushion. I'm actually making two as I thought a pair would be nice .
To speed things up (and cheat a little ) I picked these cushions up in my local charity shop.........


I'm going to attach my crochet to the front,I'm leaving the original crochet underneath as the edging goes really well with my colours.Here is the first one pinned in place.........



Ummmm, not sure about this now.What do you think?
Jacquie x

14 comments:

  1. Love the cushions! That's a great way of cheating, I made a cushion front last week but so far have been unable to find anything that I can use for the back.
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find they look lovely but yours are better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like yours and I like your new green ones, maybe they would look nice side by side... I'm no good with decisions !
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your crochet cushions Jacquie ~ what a good idea and those green cushions are lovely on their own too! :O) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally I LOVE the way they came out. The colors are just great and what a good Idea to use an already made background. The colors look great together and I would leave it the way it is.

    Also love the pictures of the flowers your boys took. Sometimes those random shots are the best.

    Have a sunshiny day...Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jacquie
    OOh these are lovely.
    you did very well with your charity shop!
    How come I never find anything nice to pick up.
    The green goes perfectly.
    You've made a wonderful job on these.
    Great photos outdoors too!
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacquie
    Just a thought.....
    Would you mind putting both your sibol card photos on to FLICKR, so I can add them to my SIBOL card Gallery every one are displaying them.
    Thanks suex

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fine idea to combine your handmade crochet with a maybe old and by someone else handmade crochet. The green lace border goes so pretty well with your blue, I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello

    Yep, they look really good with the green edging just showing.

    Colette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a great idea! I love how your work looks over the green - with just the edging showing. Those old cushions are given a new life this way - very clever! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a good idea, your cushions look lovely.
    Gemma xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look great - the green of the charity shop ones is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Genius! they look fab! My yarn order has apparently been dispatched today so this means any day now.....I'll be playing catch up with that granny Stripe!!! Lots of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh the colours you use are absolutely gorgeous, so CK I think it is so very clever, you have a really fab eye for colour.
    I love that pic of the daisy...pics like that make me want a new camera!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.