Saturday 10 July 2010

Summery Stripes

Hello,
The weather here has been super hot these last few days.Just hope there is some good weather left for the school holidays,which don't start for another 2 weeks.

I do like hot weather ,but it's not ideal for crocheting a big wolly blanket.
My GSB is stalled at 52 stripes as I can't bear to work on it in these temperatures.Here is a picture of it hanging on the washing line at 8.30 this morning ,when my garden thermometer said 33 degrees C.



Don't worry GSB,I still love you !

I can't be without a little project on the go so I've started a this.....



Some pretty,summery,cotton and crepe stripes.
I'm using yarn from my stash and I'm so pleased with how this is coming along....



I'll tell you lovlies more next week,swimming lesson time now .
Jacquie x
Do pop back next week

10 comments:

  1. It looks lovely, but I agree, it is definately not woolly blanket weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is stunning xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacquie! Your blanket looks absolutely stunning! I've been so busy doing little projects for my workshops, that I still haven't started my Granny Stripe! (OR Granny Square) Oh Jacquie, help me decide! I think I have and then ten minutes later I think,'Hmmm, no, maybe...' Then of course there's Dotty Angel's Extraordinary Ordinary Blanket! Eeeeek! Lots of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 33 degrees at 8.30!! Heavens. Blanket looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a bit cooler up north but still very sticky and muggy. The blanket looks lovely, it reminds of the seaside.
    I hope it cools down for you soon.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, this blankie is simply gorgeous. I bet your new project has to do something with your laptop. Enjoy.

    Tatjana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about the heat and crochet! Mind you I am finding it too hot to do anything at all so you are doing brilliantly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both projects are looking great!
    I'm over the heat, too... it hasn't prevented me from crocheting, but I DO much prefer some outdoor crochet time amongst all my flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours in GSB and the new project looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know too well Blanket making is hot work!!!
    doesnt it look gorgeous hanging on your line!
    Love the colours, truly beautiful!
    I love the crepe yarn too!
    Thanks for sharing,
    hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.